At Escape Studios, we are delighted to announce that we have recently received our UKVI licence, meaning we are able to sponsor international students to join our programmes on student visas.

We have a proud tradition of welcoming top international talent and training them to join leading studios and companies in the world of animation, games and visual effects. In 2023, 1 in 6 students at Escape Studios were international passport holders, representing over 30 different nationalities.

Industry partners are vital to our programmes, informing programme design, supporting student assessment and hosting studio visits and participating in guest speaker events. They’ve also worked with us to create essential online resources to help you better understand your future career path.

This close relationship with key employers has helped us to sit in the top 6% of UK universities for full-time graduate employment*.

Since 2002, we’ve educated and trained thousands of students and industry professionals. Our alumni (Escapees) have gone on to work in the worlds top studios and on award-winning titles in the world of film and computer games.

We look forward to welcoming many more international students to join and shape our vibrant, creative community.

*Source: Graduate Outcomes 2020/21 survey results published by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA). HESA open data is published under the (CC BY 4.0) licence.

International applications

Tuition fees

We calculate tuition fees per year of study and they can vary depending on the course you want to study.

For international students, for September 2024 our fees are:

  • £17,995 per year for undergraduate (bachelors) degrees

  • £19,995 per year for postgraduate masters degrees

Fees for short courses vary. Please refer to our course pages for the latest and most accurate information including tuition fees, or contact us.

You may be able to get a Tuition Fee Loan and help with living costs if you’re from an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland. Check if you're eligible for undergraduate funding. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) also provide guidance on funding and eligibility for international students, including postgraduate study.

Cost of living

As well as your course fees, you’ll also need to consider the cost of living while studying a degree. This will depend on your lifestyle and spending habits.

We welcome applications from international students.  

International undergraduate applications for September 2024 should be submitted direct to Escape Studios (contact, undergraduate applications for September 2025 are submitted via UCAS.

Postgraduate applications are submitted direct to Escape Studios using our online application form, which can be found on the course pages. 

International students should ensure they have sufficient time to apply and obtain a visa ahead of the course start date. Typically, we recommend allowing at least two months for this process.

For more information look at our undergraduate and postgraduate admissions pages.

Academic Entry Requirements

We welcome applications from qualified candidates all over the world.

Undergraduate applicants will usually need good high school grades and an undergraduate portfolio.

Postgraduate applicants will need a good undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (or significant professional experience) and a postgraduate portfolio.

Individual country requirements. If yours are not listed, then please contact

English Language Requirements

Our programmes require students to have a minimum English score of:

IELTS 6.0 (min. 6.0 in reading and writing and min. 5.5 in listening and speaking) or an alternative qualification at an equivalent level.

International students will be required to hold a Secure English Language Test (SELT) at B2 in order to be able to apply for a visa to study at Escape Studios on a student visa. Qualifications that are accepted by UKVI.

You may be exempt from proving your English level if you are from an English speaking country listed as recognised for visa purposes, or have a degree level qualification obtained in one of these countries. The latest list is available on the UK Government website.

For students who have a SELT at B2 but who do not meet our requirements, we can also consider alternative qualifications. Please contact for more information.

Visa advice

  • Students from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland – if you are not already a resident in the UK or do not have settled/pre-settled status, you will need a Student visa to enter the UK for studies lasting longer than six months.

  • Students from non-European Union (EU) countries – all non-EU nationals must have a Student visa to enter the country before travelling to the UK, if coming for a course lasting more than six months.

Student visa

If you are coming to the UK to study for more than six months, it is likely you will need to apply for a Student visa.

Points-based assessment

The UK operates a points-based immigration system. In order to be granted a Student visa, you must pass a points-based assessment and score 70 points. The points are broken down as follows:

Points required: 70

You must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and meet the following (50 points):

  • course requirement

  • approved qualification requirement

  • level of study requirement

  • place of study requirement.

English language requirement (10 points).

You must have enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs, also known as maintenance or funds (10 points).

As a new provider we are currently working towards becoming a ‘Higher Education Provider with a Track Record of Compliance’ with UKVI. This is a requirement for all new sponsoring higher education institutions in the UK. Whilst we work towards earning full privileges there are some limitations that apply to those studying on a student visa. These include not being permitted to work in the UK while studying an Escape Studios course and students will not be eligible to apply for the Graduate Visa. 

You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK once you have received your CAS letter and you have prepared your supporting documents*.


Read the latest government information on the fees you can expect to pay.

How long will it take?

The earliest you can apply for a visa is six months before you start your course. You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within three weeks.

Immigration health surcharge (IHS)

You may need to pay a fee towards the cost of healthcare in the UK as part of your immigration application. Once you have paid this, you will be able to use the National Health Service (NHS), which provides medical care in the UK.

Read the latest government information on the IHS fee you can expect to pay.

To apply for a Student visa within the UK, you must not have, or have last been, granted permission:

  • as a visitor; or

  • as a short-term student; or

  • as a parent of a child student; or

  • as a seasonal worker; or

  • as a domestic worker in a private household; or outside the immigration rules.

If you have current leave that allows you to apply from within the UK, this can only be done if there are less than 28 days between your current leave expiring and your Escape Studios course beginning. If you have a current Tier 4 (general) or Student visa and you have not successfully completed the course it was given for, you will not be able to apply within the UK.

If you need a new visa to complete a course you have already started with Escape Studios, you will not be able to apply from within the UK unless:

  • your visa extension is to undertake a work placement; or

  • you need to extend due to resits/retakes and your visa has not been reported to the Home Office by the International Student Compliance Team due to a gap in your

If you are not sure if this applies to you, please contact

If you do not qualify based on the above, you must be outside the UK to apply for your Student visa.

Once you’ve applied, you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired. If your previous leave was under a Tier 4 or Student visa, you will be allowed to enrol onto your new course before your previous visa expires. You will need evidence that you have applied for a new Student visa with a CAS from Escape Studios.

If you currently hold a Tier 2 visa and you are switching to a Student visa, you must be granted your new Student visa before you will be allowed to enrol on your course.


Read the latest government information on the fees you can expect to pay.

How long will it take?

The earliest you can apply is three months before your course starts. You must apply before your current visa expires. Your new course must begin within 28 days of your current visa expiring. You’ll usually get a decision within eight weeks.

Immigration health surcharge (IHS)

You may need to pay a fee towards the cost of healthcare in the UK as part of your immigration application. Once you have paid this, you will be able to use the National Health Service (NHS), which provides medical care in the UK.

Read the latest government information on the IHS fee you can expect to pay.

1. Make sure we have a current email address for you

Most of our correspondence with you will be by email so please make sure that we have a current email address for you. If you have applied with the support of an agent in your country, make sure we have your personal email address instead of their email address.

2. Send us the required documents and accept your offer to study here

Before we can create a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter for you we need to receive all of the relevant documents such as certificates from you. You also have to accept the offer of a place as quickly as possible and make a tuition payment of £8,000 to enable us to produce a CAS for you promptly. We will need time to check documentation and then create the CAS.

Please ensure you engage with CAS Shield as soon as you are sent the email invitation to do so.

3. Check the information in your CAS letter

Your CAS letter must match the information you provide when you submit your visa application, so please go through it carefully and make sure that all the information is correct.

4. Make sure you have everything you need for your visa application

If you are applying from outside of the UK or need to extend your visa in the UK. Visit the UK Government website for an overview.

5. Pay for and submit your visa application

There are various fees which you will need to pay when applying for a visa. Read the latest government information on the fees you can expect to pay, documents you must provide and how to submit your visa application.

6. Apply for your visa as soon as possible

You apply for your visa online. Please apply for your visa, or make a visa renewal, as early as possible within the three months prior to the start of your course as it can take up to 15 working days and sometimes even longer for UKVI to consider your visa application.


Sign up for international updates

Simply fill in the form below.

What level of study are you interested in?*
What would you like to study?*
What would you like to study?*
What would you like to study?*

Stay in the loop. Opt-in to receive updates about Escape Studios courses, cool events, industry news and creative careers resources.


We will only use your data in accordance with our Data Protection Notice